11/24/2009

Away to Bora Bora

I'll be looking for AQUA next year....

Picture me here...soaking up the sun like a sand iguana!
Jealous? Hah! I’ll send you a postcard…


A sight yet to be seen!
I'll be kicked back...sipping on a virgin...uhhh...Mai Tai that is...
Just watching the sun go down....



Nassau Blue is my ALL TIME favorite color.... Don't know what Nassau Blue looks like? Can you see it in the photos above? It's the text color I am using for this particular blog.

I don't know why I like this particular shade of aqua. Guess I have liked it since Chevrolet used it on their 1966 Model Corvette. This color IS the sound of the surf, the coastal seas, the shimmering white sands, incredible seafood, and thoughts of just laying on the beach with nothing in sight but time to waste.... Since Chevrolet first introduced this color, they changed the base to include more cobalt.

See the differences between the FIRST Nassau Blue and the SECOND...BIG DIFFERENCE IN MY BOOK!



There are many shades of aqua.... My friend David Lord used to go to Pebble Beach, CA every year to an artists show just north of Carmel. He has always talked about the beaches, the surfers and the babes. Here are a few pictures of that kind of aqua...
I am surprised David didn't commit something to canvas as a reflection of the time spent in his most favorite location....next to Maine of course....




So whether it is THIS or THAT shade of aqua...doesn't matter...
AQUA
AQUA
AQUA
AQUA
AQUA
AQUA
AQUA
AQUA

I just want to see some....
Besides...I'll be ticking one more thing off my bucket list!

No comments:

Post a Comment