7/25/2010

Back to Australia...Back Home

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's winter down under...average daily temps in the low 70's...not too bad.
Now that I have "experienced" the ins and outs of visa problems AND seen how ridiculously expensive "things" are here, I can't say that I really want to live here any more.


You can see the Brisbane River from my 22nd story loft apartment. Rain is forecasted for most of the coming week...rather grayish and dreary if you ask me.  Double click on the photo, so you can also see the D'Aguilar mountain range in the background.











So what do things cost in Australia?  Know before you go!
One raw grocery store chicken = $11.30 AU Dollars
One restaurant grilled steak = $39.00
Basic monthly tv cable = $150.00/month
Internet Service = $27.00/day

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am debating whether to spend the money to go see a few things while I am here, because I may never get the chance to do it again....such as Ayers Rock, The Great Barrier Reef, Sydney and Melbourne, the Australian wine country, etc...

Didn't make it to any of those exotic spots down under. HOWEVER, I did manage to take a ride on Brisbane's giant ferris wheel!





















If I continue to have visa problems, I may have to exit Australia for a week and go to New Zealand or Tahiti, while we wait for things to get cleared up. THAT would be nice!  Lots to see there too!

"Leaving on a jet plane....don't know if I'll be back again...."
Yes folks, August 11th, I'll be gone.

Here's a pic of Moscow...never been over the "Pole" before...

No comments:

Post a Comment