7/16/2010

ICE CREAM...ICE CREAM...


We all scream for ice cream!!! YEAH!!!


After this last trip to Maine, I missed my black raspberry so much that I decided to try making it myself. Most Maine creameries have it...but nobody carries this flavor in Texas!














Sometimes, if you are not looking, it will show up in the freezer case at one's local New England grocer....marketed by, who else?  FRIENDLYS!!!









Here is a link to the BEST Black Raspberry Ice Cream Recipe EVER!

Even a novice like me could follow the instructions on this link...pic by pic! 

The hardest part was making the custard...but if I could do it...you can too!

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/07/blackberry-ice-cream-part-1/

Now...back to the recipe...here are a few hints...

1. We substituted frozen Black Raspberries for the blackberries...of course. I changed nothing else...

2. Make sure to get all the pulp off the back of your strainer! Each little bit gives your "cream" a deeper flavor and color. Just be careful to NOT get any tiny seeds in the mix...

3. THOROUGHLY CHILL the ice cream mixture (almost to the point of freezing) before adding it to the ice cream freezer...ESPECIALLY if you plan to use a countertop electric freezer.

4. Once "frozen," scoop the ice cream out of the freezing unit and place it in an air tight container. The ice cream will remain scoopable, even after storing it in the refrigerator freezer compartment.

YUM YUM!!!

Here is a pic of our delicious dessert...yes friends, it was that deep purple! Now I can have it anytime I want without having to go to MAINE! 









Sad I can't same the same about clams....aaahhhh....




No comments:

Post a Comment